Have you got a website that you have procrastinating to start, or redesign.Thinking you might be taking on too much or not sure where to start? Not sure how to even log in or make changes and updates or add new content?
Ive been a keen user of WordPress since my first days of playing around on Web design back in 2009 and its been an exciting journey to watch the changes in the industry. Especially of recent the changes are coming thick and hard. Have you seen your site not preforming well? Had bugs or people logged in as users on the backend? These are all reasons to make sure you know and understand what to do and when to do it.
The following is a list of 10 Key Technology changes that We must keep up with to avoid our visitors leaving our site… or worse, the terrifying white screen of death.
- The type of website that best suits your needs, build it yourself or get a professional
- Have a website that is clean and easy to navigate with build in SEO to communicate to your buyers
- A marketing call of action to bring customers to your products or services and continually engage your viewers
- We must optimise the website for a speedy performance
- Have a clear plan on what you would like your website to generate; eg leads, purchase, educate
- Integrate with Google, Facebook and other technologies and partners to get ahead
- Be able to track our customers buying actions with analytics
- Keep your site updated and with current technology and look into virtual reality
- Backup, backup and backup
- Have top Spam Protection, Security and an SSL certificate, so that your browser does not appear (website not secure)
I can’t stress enough how important these things are and it is now my number one focus. I have felt the pain of the white screen of death when I didn’t know all of these things. It’s worth getting someone to teach you or hire a professional to do it for you.
What ever you decide to do, its good to start planning.